The FTB-1 Platform is a modular platform optimized for fast, powerful, dedicated FTTH and Ethernet test applications.
● USB, mobile, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity capabilities
● Supports third-party applications and all the tools that enable technicians to
complete their work right in the field
● Lets you take advantage of the EXFO Connect environment to manage fi eld
testing/reporting operations as well as your platform pool
● Intel ATOM processor with Windows Embedded Standard operating system,
for optimized productivity and versatility
● Latest battery technology for unmatched operation autonomy
● One GigE port and two USB 2.0 ports
● Windows Remote Assistance and Remote Control
● EXFO fiber inspection probe connector interface
● Display: TFT outdoor-enhanced LCD, 7-inch touchscreen
FTB-1 APPLICATIONS AND MODULES
● FTTH testing
Module: FTB-730 PON FTTx/MDU OTDR
With a dynamic range of up to 39 dB and enabling power meter and visual fault locator functionalities, the FTB-730 PON FTTx/MDU OTDR module allows fiber installers to seamlessly characterize splitters in PON FTTx and multiple dwelling unit (MDU) applications.
● Ethernet testing up to 10G
Module: FTB-860 NetBlazer Ethernet Tester
Offering comprehensive, yet simple test suites, the FTB-860 NetBlazer Ethermet Tester enables field technicians to quickly and easily turn up, validate and troubleshoot Ethernet services, with full EtherSAM capabilities, from 10 Mbit/s to 10 Gbit/s.
SOFTWARE TEST TOOLS
This series of platform-based software testing tools enhance the value of the FTB-1 Platform, providing additional testing capabilities without the need for additional modules or units.
● VoIP TEST TOOLS
EXpert VoIP generates a voice-over-IP call directly from the test platform to validate performance during service turn-up and troubleshooting.
• Supports a wide range of signaling protocols, including SIP, SCCP,
H.248/Megaco and H.323
• Supports MOS and R-factor quality metrics
• Simplifies testing with configurable pass/fail thresholds and RTP metrics
● IP TEST TOOLS
EXpert IP integrates six commonly used datacom test tools into one platform-based application to ensure that field technicians are prepared for a wide range of testing needs.
• Rapidly performs debugging sequences with VLAN scan and LAN discovery
• Validates end-to-end ping and traceroute
• Verifies FTP performance and HTTP availability